Temari Rabbit 2-Tier Bento #7

A Babybel cheese wheel, mango chunks, kiwi slices, plantain chips in the silicone cup, a panda cup of chocolate covered pomegranate seeds, a Swedish chocolate from lytkabento, some gummy bears to fill holes, wedges of paratha filled with peas, and Moroccan carrot salad (from the same batch as a few days ago).

This was not a successful lunch. I bought the paratha from my Asian grocery shopping excursion. Paratha is an Indian bread, often filled with various things. The filling here is spiced peas. I had forgotten that if you buy Indian food meant for Indians, you end up with more spice. This was too spicy to eat, especially alongside my slightly too spicy (though there is no comparison) carrot salad. Fortunately, there were some cookies in the break room, so I more or less ended up eating fruit, cheese, plantain chips, candy, and a chocolate chip cookie.

Not every day can be all that healthy, I suppose. I think it probably evens out in terms of overall habit.

I'd already tried the Geisha chocolate. You can read about my first reaction here. Although I do like sweet things, it often takes me quite a while to get through candy; she sent this to me a long time ago, but it was still really lovely. About this time of year, when I was little, this would be when my mother found the mostly-uneaten bag of Halloween candy in my closet and throw it out. But most candy does last a while, so I think I'm safe still eating these.

Comments

Popular Posts