Recipe: Roasted Grape Tomatoes

Because I had the day off, I have no packed lunch to show you. Instead, I have a simple recipe that will prevent you from having to throw away your wrinkly grape tomatoes. (Wrinkly grape tomatoes are a serious problem around here.) Wrinkly tomatoes are no fun to eat raw, but roasted is another story. (You could also do this with cherry tomatoes, and I did--I had a few wrinkling up next to my grape tomatoes.)

Start by halving your grape tomatoes and putting them onto a shallow pan lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top, then sprinkle with kosher salt.

Roast in your toaster oven for about half an hour, or until they look slightly charred. (We're going slight here, not blackened.)

They have an unfortunate way of steaming up my camera lens, but you get the idea.

They are now ready to serve, or you can store them in the fridge or freezer for later applications. It's a very intense tomato flavor, which would be good with pasta or rice, or, as I did for my evening snack, like this:

Warm, on Melba toast with a soft cheese spread.

You'll probably be seeing these roasted tomatoes in some of my lunches soon. This time I had enough wrinkly tomatoes that I didn't just eat them all right after I roasted them.

Comments

Popular Posts