Insulated Jar & Sides #37

Saltine crackers, Chili Non Carne (from Healthy Cooking for Two (or Just You)), and kiwi chunks.

I don't know what I expected of this chili, but it ended up looking almost nothing like chili. It smelled vaguely like chili, and it had chili powder in it. But if you're expecting chili, this is disappointing. Oh, well. It was tasty, and really very cheap.

I bought the saltines for a pecan pie I made for Thanksgiving. I'm still astonished that saltines and applesauce can somehow be part of creating such an amazing thing, and I'm proud enough of it that I'd like you to see it. I'll also be linking this on the December MiniMoFo over at VeganMoFo.

With the year we've had so far, I think we could all use more pie. Usually I only make one such pie per year, because pecan pie is more or less the use of pecans and pie crust as a delivery device for sugar suspended in fat. But if ever we needed comfort food, I think we do now. And I do still have the saltines and applesauce.

Comments

  1. That pecan pie looks delicious! I definitely agree that pie is more necessary today than ever before. I'm going to make my first ever pecan pie these holidays, and I'm hoping it looks half as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You know what's funny? My vegan pies always look so much prettier than my omnivore pies did. Go figure. Here's hoping plant magic does its thing for you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts