Sequestration Meal #186

 

Still working my way through my leftovers and my lack-of-appetite issues, one night I made some rice pilaf, orange-maple glazed carrots, and brussels sprouts in garlic butter (I veganized the recipe from Food.com) to have alongside the green bean casserole. I was just truly not in the mood for much, but I figured if I made myself some fancy veggies, I could get those down anyway. The veggies were great! 

I think this brussels sprouts recipe is slightly too oily for me, but that's easily fixed. I don't always want roasted sprouts. I love them all soft and melty like this. I don't know if it was because I used the baby brussels sprouts (a splurge), or the recipe itself worked magic, but they weren't at all bitter.

I'm not a medical doctor (as I keep pointing out, just in case someone wanders over here without context), and I can't tell you what to eat. But I will acknowledge that in most cases I wouldn't consider this a balanced meal. I was truly just having such a struggle to eat and I had to eat what sounded plausible to me. But if I'd been up to it, this could have used some tofu. Some days are like this, though, and I have learned to accept this. We do the best we can.

Comments

  1. A meal (even if not perfectly balanced) is still better than no meal! Now that you've made this, you know it's good, and the next time you're motivated to, you'll be able to add tofu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are cashews and soy milk in the casserole, so while not ideal, it's also not just veggies and rice--and of course you're right; on the days I can I definitely reach for more protein.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts