Monbento Square #46 (Double Tier)

 


Here's a salad and a vegan crab salad roll bento! But oh, what a salad...

I didn't plan the salad out or anything. It was just stuff I had around. But it was one of the best salads I have ever made. I have here romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, fresh chives and basil from my window, a little blue cup of flaky sea salt and black pepper, and (under the blue cup) a sauce cup filled with a mixture of bottled Italian dressing and vegan mayo. When I was ready to eat the salad, I started by seasoning it with the salt and pepper and tossed that through, then added the dressing. I had heard somewhere that adding your seasonings that way, before the dressing, made a difference. I don't know if it was that, or the combination in general, but it was amazing

The crab salad roll is ready to assemble: A hot dog bun and "crab" salad made from smoked tofu. (The recipe is one I've long loved, from Viet Vegan.) 

This was, altogether, an amazing lunch!

Comments

Popular Posts