Recipe: Blueberry Sweet Potato Smoothie (Gluten Free, Nut Free)

 


There are so many smoothie recipes out there, and I rarely feel I have anything to add to that corpus. But this one was something special, so I decided to share.

This smoothie has a lovely citrusy berry flavor with hints of vanilla. I don't know how exactly to describe it but I absolutely loved it. The sweet potato makes it so thick and creamy!

I've listed the ingredients in the order it makes the most sense to add them to your blender.


Blueberry Sweet Potato Smoothie
Serves: 1

1/2 cup soy milk
1/4 cup orange juice
1/3 cup cooked sweet potato, chilled
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana, frozen
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and serve immediately.

Comments

  1. This is so creative!!! I would never have thought of using sweet potato in a smoothie but that's genius! I can Def see how it would be thick and creamy, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet potato is great in smoothies! I've even made sweet potato-forward ones.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts