Sequestration Meal #601

 


This fit the mood I was in; no other explanation needed. Here we have my favorite way to eat Swiss chard (the lemony swiss chard with quinoa, fried capers, and olives (recipe veganized from The Wimpy Vegetarian)), spiced chickpeas with mushrooms (recipe from Running on Real Food), and carrots and celery with pecans (recipe veganized from Taste of Home).

I really just wanted vegetables, and the thought of prepping a "protein" was just irritating to me. But that's where the chickpeas, quinoa, and pecans come in. I'm glad I've learned to handle those moods without just eating veggies and knocking myself off kilter.

The Swiss chard was great; I still absolutely love the flavors of the capers and olives in that dish. I could eat it all day.

Similarly, I have always enjoyed the carrots/celery/pecans recipe; I adore carrots anyway so it's hard for me not to love a good carrot. This time I used fresh dill. It was lovely.

The chickpeas were wonderfully spicy, but not just a heat spicy, but a depth of good flavors kind of spicy. I used a smaller can of chickpeas and a whole onion, but otherwise made it as written. I'm not always into whole chickpeas but they worked well here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts