Sequestration Meal #593

 


Though I rarely repeat a recipe so quickly, I had a partial can of tomato sauce that desperately needed using and not much bandwidth for thinking about that too much, so I went with something I knew I would love: Italian tomato mac and cheese from Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures. With it, because I am apparently obsessed with mushrooms right now (sorry if you're tired of looking at them!), I made Italian sauteed mushrooms from Cooking with Mama and some spinach cooked with onions.

Though the recipe for the macaroni is a bit involved, it's not too challenging if you prep everything ahead of time--measure everything out and set yourself up for success. Because I did this, I was able to time my meal so everything was done at the same time, more or less. And it was very satisfying. One really can't ask for more than that.

The mushrooms were also delicious; that was not surprising, because they are mushrooms, and presently I just want them everywhere with everything. I must have gotten a particularly good batch!

The spinach is just a basic, easy side I could make in my sleep. Start by melting some vegan butter in a nonstick pan, then add finely chopped onions and some salt and pepper. When they're done to your liking, add a bit of minced garlic and let that cook for a minute, then add in spinach. Stir until done. Perfection!

Comments

  1. I keep mushrooms around at all times, and for some reason, never question this habit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts