Sequestration Meal #333

 


Having made one of the Beyond Burgers in the package into Salisbury steaks, I decided to take the other one in a different direction. I still only ate half at a time because Beyond Burgers are just too filling for me, and I decided that one cut in half lengthwise would make the perfect hambagu, i.e., Japanese-style hamburger steak.

Essentially, I just cooked the burger and glazed it with a mixture of soy sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire (Annie's is vegan), and mustard, because I was too lazy to pull out the rice wine. But really you should use rice wine, probably, as part of the glaze.

I had my hambagu with one of my most reliable veggie sides: Stir-fried mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes with a splash of soy sauce and a sesame seed garnish. Someday I should do a recipe post on that but I'm nearly always making it because I'm in a hurry and those things are going south in my fridge, so I have never taken the time to properly measure everything. (Things do have the tendency to go south all at once, together, for some reason, and I tend to buy those three things nearly every time I'm at the store.)

I also had rice with Everything Bagel seasoning on top (because I'm nearly at the end of the bottle and it needs to be used, but also it makes for an amazing vegan furikake) and some crispy seaweed, because I had already opened the seaweed and it seemed like it would be nice to have.

This was a really good meal! Everything went together beautifully.

Comments

  1. Oh this looks great! I loved eating hambagu in Japan all those years ago when I visited, but I have never thought to make it at home. What a fun way to use up some burgers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd be even better if you have vegan sliders! Beyond Meat used to sell such things, before they started changing everything up. The loss of Beyond Chicken has mostly distracted me from everything else, but the Beast Sliders were great as hambagu.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts