Lunchopolis #98

 


Here we have a basic bento: A Tofurky-and-non-dairy provolone sandwich on garlic Tuscan bread, clementine segments, a raid-the-fridge salad, and corn nuts.

The salad is a version of what you saw yesterday--romaine, mini pepper slices, red onion, cucumber, and some muhammara in lieu of a dressing. Muhammara, with its oil and walnuts, is plenty fatty enough to make the vitamins absorbable. (I assume. This is not medical advice. I am not that kind of doctor.)

I hadn't had corn nuts in a really long time, but I found some on sale on a very rare trip to Dollar General, and several of the flavors were incidentally vegan. This one is Mexican street corn flavor, which is a vaguely cheesy and spicy sort of thing I was surprised had no dairy in it. I think I would prefer potato chips most of the time to go with sandwiches when I want something crunchy, but when you have what you have and you put it together successfully, it's a win.

I'm still having my lunch in my car, year-round, and hot tea helps with these cold lunches in the winter. Stay safe out there.

Comments

Popular Posts