Sequestration Meal #667

 


If you celebrate it, I hope you had a good Christmas!

For...reasons...I was in a rough spot this year, but you're going to start seeing another round of staycation meals soon, so I'm hoping that by the time that's over I'll be feeling better.

This meal was one of my last work days before Christmas. I had some rotini with some homemade cashew cheese sauce, some turnip white bean patties (recipe from Vegan Sandra), and some onions and spinach sauteed together with a bit of soy sauce and vegan butter. (These were mostly left over, because I didn't show them to you the first time around--no point photographing meals in the dark. But this was a work-from-home day, so I could cook the veggies and warm up the rest.)

I almost never buy turnips. It's not that I don't occasionally like them; it's just that I tend not to think about them. But I have a neighbor who has been giving me veggies, and she gave me a few very large turnips (I swear, the size of the head of a newborn! HUGE turnips!), and so this recipe sounded like it might use up at least one of them. (It only used 2/3 of one. But hey.) I found that I had to double the flour in the recipe for them to hold together, but other than that these turned out perfectly. I served them with a bit of vegan mayo as suggested, and it was a great accompaniment.

It was a very satisfying meal. 

Comments

Popular Posts