Staycation Meal #6

 


On the last day of my staycation, I made doenjang jjigae with rice. It was super simple, and although it could have had a greater complexity of flavors, I really can't fault such a significant return on investment. Seriously, this soup is so easy--chop up some veggies (for me, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, and a garlic clove) and some firm tofu and simmer that all in a broth with doenjang and (optionally) gochujang for about 10 minutes; serve with rice.

Because I'd spent kind of a ridiculous amount of time cooking this staycation, I didn't want to wear myself out on the last day, even if I'd started out well-rested; life is unpredictable. I think next time I'd either use veggie broth instead of water and/or add some more seasoning (like soy sauce--would that be scandalous?), or possibly just add more gochujang, but this was perfectly fine.

Comments

Popular Posts