Staycation Meal #8

 


I was craving comfort food, so on Christmas Day, my lunch may not have been typical holiday fare, but it was soothing anyway. I made some creamy tomato soup from some fresh tomatoes I had that needed to be used, that I roasted in the oven with some garlic, and blended it up with vegetable broth, basil, and cashews. It was the perfect foil for a grilled cheese sandwich (American-style Daiya slices on Wegmans garlic tuscan bread I pulled out of my freezer for the occasion).

I garnished my soup with more fresh basil, marveling over how I have somehow managed to keep my scraggly basil plant going in my window for more than six months. I ate this soup in bed watching a documentary, waiting to feel better. It helped. I do always somehow feel better in time.

Comments

Popular Posts