Staycation Meal #7

 


On Christmas Eve, I was wrung out. I had hardly any energy at all. But I had a new-to-me fancy cranberry hazelnut roast en croute in my freezer, plus some leftover cheesy sauce, so I pulled this together: Said roast with some homemade cranberry sauce, rotini with the cheesy sauce, steamed broccoli, and some orange-glazed carrots.

The roast is by Field Roast, but it isn't quite as amazing as most of their products. However, add some cranberry sauce and suddenly it's epic. So that was great. And it went well with the other things. Plus, there was puff pastry involved.

I sometimes handle things better than others. This was a harder Christmas than I've had in a while, but I'm glad to have my own support, if that makes sense--sometimes, we have to be our own companions, and if nothing else, I've come to appreciate my own company.

Stay safe out there, everyone!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts