Sakura 3-Tier Bento #62

More of yesterday's Asian baby corn salad, my carrot-cucumber salad with "honey" sesame dressing, marinated tofu from America's Test Kitchen Cooking for Two 2010, and some white rice.

I love this bento box, but I don't use it very much now that I'm vegan. It's pretty small and is best for more calorie-dense food, so it got along better with my omnivore self than my vegan self. But I was still feeling nostalgic, I suppose, and I really wanted to pack this in one of my old favorite bento boxes.

I made the carrot-cucumber salad the night before, which may be why the cucumber looks so dark--I also think the brand of soy sauce I'm using (I tried something new) tends to stain more, though, because looking at the recipe from when I gave it to you I noted that it kept well in the fridge, and it was such a lovely green then. It doesn't really matter, though, because this was still a beautiful lunch, and the only bad thing I have to say about it is that I wished there was more of it, especially more tofu (yum). It is also gluten free (I am on a roll lately with those.)

I did realize after the fact just how sesame seed heavy it was, but hey, I like sesame seeds.

Comments

Popular Posts