Thermos 3-Tier Bento #16

West African peanut stew from My Front Burner, some white short grain rice, and grapes and strawberries.

I had been wanting to make this recipe for a while, but I don't live in a place where good okra is easy to get. At last: good okra! I halved the recipe, because I'm just me, and it turned out pretty great. If I make it again, I will both add more okra (I'm guessing she didn't because it will thicken it considerably more, but...okra!) and season it a bit more heavily. I added seasoned salt to individual servings (which is actually a visible sprinkling over the surface of the stew here) and it took it up several notches. I loved this with a bit of rice. This recipe seems really flexible, and you could probably add a lot of different veggies to it, so it's worth some experimentation.

This is, incidentally, yet another not-really-on-purpose gluten free meal.

Comments

  1. This looks like a great, filling lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yum!!! What a great lunch, I bet it would be perfect on a crisp fall day. I love pairing warm meals with fruit, it's so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts