Sequestration Meal #506

 


I ran across some forgotten tater tots in my freezer (I know, I know, but somehow I seriously forgot my tater tots!) and I had some leftover cheesy sauce, so I made an individually-sized tater tot casserole. When I set out to make it I planned to have two servings but then when I put the TVP-veggie-cheesy sauce filling in my slightly larger casserole dish I realized I hadn't made enough to do that. Oh, well; I guess that means I have to eat the whole thing...not complaining!

Although this meant no leftovers and no real meal prepping from this one meal, sometimes we all need a break from leftovers. And I have other strategies for dealing with having no prepped food for my meals during the week. There are still tater tots and some nuggets in the freezer, after all. I really enjoyed this little casserole.

Comments

  1. *saves relatively nonperishable treat for later, delightedly anticipating enjoying it then*
    ...
    ...
    ...
    *finds it months later, having forgotten its existence*

    I guess, I am familiar with discovering a final serving or so of tater tots in the freezer, is what I'm saying (we may, in fact, have some raspberries hiding out in our freezer...).

    I'm glad this was good, but sorry there were no leftovers, but also glad you have plans up your sleeve for leftoverless days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *whispers* I have both a tiny amount of tater tots and a tiny amount of raspberries in my freezer right now...

      Delete
  2. Having portato gems to look forward to another day is always a bonus. There is some sort of frozen potato product shortage going on here at the moment, which is sad. Though I do currently have half a bag of potato gems stashed in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I haven't been eating them lately, tater tots are one of those things I pretty much always try to have on hand, like some sort of security blanket.

      Delete
    2. It is nice knowing they are there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts