Sequestration Meal #518

 


I had a few lasagna noodles left, mostly broken, so when I saw this recipe for white lasagna soup from Rabbit and Wolves, of course I had to make it! I cut it in half, and I only had 3 lasagna noodles rather than the four I'd need, but it was still delicious--rich, bright, and comforting.

I also added a cup of frozen spinach, because it seemed like I should have some veggies. It complimented the soup well. I want to experiment more with making cashew cream and lemon-based broths, because I have tons of ideas about how I could make all sorts of delicious soups that way. And winter is a soupy season, after all--I need something warming to put in my lunch to eat in my chilly car, right?

I garnished the soup with black pepper, Italian seasoning, and some shredded Violife Parmesan. If I'd had any bread around I would have made garlic toast, and I'd highly recommend it if you do have some. That or some corn muffins or breadsticks would go really well with this meal.

Comments

  1. I don't care that it is 32dC today, I want to eat that right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts