Sequestration Meal #520

 


After I tried yangnyeom chickpeas (easily veganized with rice nectar instead of honey), I knew I had to try the sauce on other things. I was not disappointed! I put the sauce on some soy curls I'd reconstituted and baked about 15 minutes at 375 degrees to crisp them up a bit, and had that with some steamed rice, ketchup/pepper/onion stir fry, coleslaw, and a salty-sweet cucumber salad I made by using sliced cucumber in the "honey" sesame dressing from my cucumber-carrot salad recipe.

I loved this. I will be trying other things in this sauce--I can imagine both breaded vegan nuggets and tofu being great with it! It's sweet and spicy and salty and you really don't want to stop eating it, so I'm enjoying finding excuses to eat more of it.

Since I put carrots in the coleslaw (I'm going to get through this cabbage at some point!), I didn't want it in my cucumber salad, but I also didn't want to make a spicy version of cucumber salad, even though that's more typical, because of the spicy yangnyeom sauce on the soy curls. Hence, this salad. It worked really well with this meal, as did the coleslaw and the pepper stir fry.

The cucumbers are also a clear tell that I did my shopping at last! It was stressful and they were out of a lot of things. As much as I hate grocery shopping these days, I think I hate avoiding it, too. At least when I go more frequently I know I have another shot at finding what I need more quickly.

Comments

  1. Welcome back cucumbers! I love how this meal has so many different ways of vegetables in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cucumbers are a reliable staple for me. I can make them go with everything and they give me a bit of greenery!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts