Sequestration Meal #678

 


I'm having fun using what I've got! Here we have soy curls paprikash over eggless noodles. Usually, I'd make some extra veggie sides, but I was tired, so this was all I made.

This used noodles, soy curls, silken tofu, and a variety of other things I already had. I think the only things I had to buy were a red bell pepper and a tomato. Making a creamy sauce out of both tofu and cashews is ingenious; I would very joyfully try that again sometime.

I did have to add more red pepper flakes, because my hot paprika is old and not very hot. In general, it's hard to get paprika that tastes like much of anything, but I did open a new jar of sweet paprika for this. But all that aside, this was delicious, and I'm glad I set myself forth on this use-stuff-you-have challenge, because I wouldn't have come across this otherwise, probably. 

I love it when I find vegan food from cultures whose foods aren't usually veganized. Hungarian food is one of those, but I'd love it if you can suggest others!

Comments

Popular Posts