Sequestration Meal #679

 


I have had a can of cream style corn staring at me from a shelf in my pantry for who knows how long, so as I try to use stuff up, it was a no-brainer to finally make this corn casserole from Rabbit and Wolves. Alongside it, I had some garlic snow peas and mushrooms and some sauteed peppers and onions.

Though I had to buy a few things for this casserole--some vegan sour cream and vegan bacon-- think it was worth it! I used tempeh bacon and Tofutti, if you're curious. This casserole is so comforting and delicious. I originally planned to bake a vegan ham in my freezer to go alongside this, but I ended up not having enough of an appetite for that, so here we are. I figured the protein in the tempeh bacon would be sufficient, especially as I had a tofu pudding for breakfast.

I'm really having fun using things up, probably because I'm not making myself have a lower food budget than usual (although naturally I am spending less). I'm glad it's still oven weather!

Comments

Popular Posts