Monbento Original #10 (Double Tier)

Watermelon chunks, Romesco pasta salad (recipe from Good Eatings), and squares from a new-to-me chocolate bar.

The same neighbor who previously gave me watermelon was making some sort of fancy fruit bowl and asked if I wanted the rejected, weird-shaped watermelon chunks. Of course I said yes, even though they do look a bit weird like this!

I probably won't make the Romesco pasta salad again--I don't think I want parsley to be that much of a dominant flavor--but I'm glad I tried it.

The chocolate bar was Hu Chocolate's hazelnut butter in dark chocolate. It's pretty good, though I don't think I'd pay that much for that again--I bought several kinds to try, though, so you may see them again here and there.


Comments

  1. Oooohhh... is that an actual layer of hazelnut butter between the chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is! The flavors are lovely but the chocolate is pricey--twice what I'd typically pay, and what I buy most of the time is already kind of on the fancy end.

      Delete
  2. This is such a great, summery meal! It looks delicious. That chocolate sounds amazing! It looks so dark and rich, yum! Too bad it's so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all over the place right now, because the weather also is--some summer meals, some fall ones--but I guess that means a good amount of variety!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, watermelon, yum! Too bad about the pasta salad, but the chocolate sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts