Monbento Original #8 (Double Tier)

Spinach salad with mushrooms, yellow pepper, diced tomatoes, and red onion; pumpkin risotto (recipe at Eating by Elaine); and bac'n bits and creamy Italian dressing (my favorite hack of Vegenaise + bottled Italian dressing) for the salad.

When I was compiling my round up of things I wanted to try from Pinterest for VeganMoFo, I saw pumpkin risotto on my board. Even though I didn't put it on the round up, I still wanted to try it. I was drawn in because it looked really easy compared to most risotto recipes--no standing there stirring for the better part of an hour.

It may not be a proper risotto without all that stirring, but it doesn't matter, because it's really, really good, and I am excited that Elaine wrote that it freezes well. The leftovers were as good as the first time around, so I will definitely be making it again. I quartered the recipe when I made it because I didn't want to have too much around if it didn't turn out well, and it was sad to only get to eat it twice.

Now that I have all this arborio rice, do you have a risotto recipe you like that you think I should try?

Comments

  1. I really like mushroom risottos and pumpkin risottos, though there are lots of other fun things to do. I have some fun other ways to use it in some books at home as well, I will see if I can find them for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give that recipe a try! As much as I enjoyed the risotto I made during MoFo, it was a lot of stirring, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'm up for stirring and sometimes not, but I always appreciate a recipe I can get set up and walk away to ignore.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I agree with mushroom risotto! It's so delicious! This meal looks amazing, the salad looks like the perfect balance for the risotto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually make up my risotto as I go, but this one is an old favorite! http://vegandad.blogspot.com/2010/06/broccoli-risotto.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that one looks great! I've never thought of making it with broccoli.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts