Interlude: Snacktime #3

Snacks fill so many needs: nutritional, yes, but also emotional. Here are some of the comforting snacks I've had in my long isolation. The last one I had after the world opened up for me post-vaccination, so it had some special things in it.

1. Popcorn and Chocolate


This is one of my favorite snack combinations and really should be--it's a perfect balance of salty and sweet! Something about the flavors of chocolate and popcorn go so well together, too.

2. Fancy Graham Crackers


I didn't know what to call this, but "fancy graham crackers" works. Start with a graham cracker, spread it with peanut butter, add sliced strawberries, and top the whole thing with some non-dairy whipped cream (almond Reddi-Wip in this case). It's pretty and it tastes amazing. And unlike probably 80% of the snacks I eat, it isn't chocolate!

3. Vegan Smørrebrød

In Denmark, smørrebrød are open faced sandwiches, usually topped with a fatty spread and some kind of fish. One evening when I was more in the mood for snacking than dinner, I pulled out two slices of multigrain bread and made my own vegan version. I spread one with some of Trader Joe's vegan onion dip and topped it with tomatoes. The other was spread with kalamata olive hummus and topped with slices of tiny cucumber. (Truly tiny cucumbers, those were! So crunchy!) It hit the spot.

Comments

  1. Those are the cutest tiny cucumber slices! Those open sandwiches sound really good. And the fancy graham crackers are indeed fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer my cucumbers crunchy and these are the crunchiest!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts