Sequestration Meal #294

 

Sometimes, I am cooking. It helps to be on vacation! As I was trying to use things up in anticipation of my first in-person grocery store visit in over a year, I had no green vegetable for this, but there were still veggies and I think it was still nutritious (although obviously consult with your own doctor about your own health needs, as I am not a medical doctor). This was mashed potatoes with the lentil Salisbury steak from Rabbit & Wolves. I really liked this. It did not pretend to be beef and still tasted like lentils, although deliciously seasoned lentils firmed up with wheat gluten. The mushroom gravy was wonderful, too. I would definitely make this again! Maybe with something green besides that pitiful sprinkling of dried parsley.

There was enough green outside to make up for it. It's actually pretty amazing just how many lush walking trails there are near me. I just never paid that much attention because it seems weird to drive to go for a walk, but it's worth it sometimes, especially when your vacation is just at home.


I can't capture smells in a photograph, but trust me, this place smelled as good as it looked (and fortunately, in spite of all my health woes, I'm not allergic to flowers).


Buttercups are so underrated, I think.

Comments

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous trail! I've learned over the past few weeks how truly healing nature can be. I'm so glad that you've been able to enjoy the trails near you! The meal looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many times over the past week or so I've paused to be amazed that such places exist! And so close to me when I've never seen them! I'm excited to watch them change through the seasons.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful flower! I wish I lived somewhere where I could walk without the sun forever hurting me!

    That meal looks delicious! We are due for some chilly nights the next week, and I could definitely get behind some mash and gravy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could handle the Australian climate. Even here, especially after so much time indoors, I wear sunscreen every time I go out, except if it's full cloud cover and expected to stay that way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts