Sequestration Meal #296

 

Cooking only because I want to is so lovely. And not having to ration a convenience food, or eat produce in a prescribed order so that I get through the most perishable things on week one after delivery, is also wonderful. I have so much to appreciate these days! But that does mean I'm cooking a bit less, and showing you the types of foods I would more commonly be taking with me to work.

This is a sandwich made of soy curl "chicken" salad (roughly based on this recipe, but without grapes or almonds and with a bit more red onion) with spinach and tomato, Scandinavian-style cucumber salad made with the tiny cucumbers I bought from Trader Joe's, and carrot salad with walnut vinaigrette (one of the simplest and most delightful salads I know). It's just begging to be put into my Lunchopolis box, so I served this bento-style.

The soy curl salad tastes absolutely nothing like chicken salad, but it was tasty. When I attempt this again I'll soak the soy curls in broth rather than water and/or put some bouillon in the dressing, and maybe add some poultry seasoning, but it tasted pretty good with a sprinkling of seasoning salt and got the job done. All in all, a good lunch.

This was the last day of my non-vacating vacation, but I plan to keep communing with nature. In the interim, here's something new I saw blooming on this day.



Comments

  1. It is so nice to not have to ration your way through produce, and plan for things to make first and things to make later with produce that lasts longer. The freedom is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly AMAZING how much less time and stress there is around food now!

      Delete
  2. I hope that you enjoyed your vacation! The sandwich looks great and I love the photo! The flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always seems to be the case, it was too short, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts