Sequestration Meal #299

 

More sandwiches, so I hope I'm not boring anyone. This time it was a new-to-me thing because I had gone to what used to be the grocery store I visited most often, pre-pandemic, and they had alfalfa sprouts for sale. I almost never get any kind of sprouts, but for some reason I picked them up on impulse. I then tried to figure out what to do with them and sandwiches were all that came to mind!

This sandwich has multigrain bread, hummus, tomato, cucumber, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, and avocado. On the side, I had some lentil crisps, because this was one of those diffuse protein meals and the lentils were kind of necessary, I thought (I'm not that kind of doctor, just a random person trying to manage chronic issues). This was really surprisingly delicious to me, even though I don't think of myself as the kind of person who makes and eats sprout sandwiches on purpose. To give credit where credit is due, I based this sandwich on the guide at the Garden Grazer blog. I also tried it with tahini dressing instead of hummus one day and added red onions and that was great, too.

I also think I ate sprouts for you--I really want to keep connecting here and sometimes that's what gets me to eat! So thank you for getting me to eat sprouts!

Comments

  1. Happy to help... you eat sprouts. ;)
    I don't eat sprouts very often either, but when I do it is almost always in a sandwich or a wrap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're like some sort of mystery food to me still. A nice idea, but a bit confusing.

      Delete
    2. And they always come in such large amounts. Even if the box looks small, once you open it they just keep on coming! It's always a rush to try and eat them before they got yucky.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts