Laptop Lunches #176

Scallion pocket with soy sauce cup, mango sticks, tomatoes, green peppers, baby carrots, Thai-ish peanut dip, and a tea egg.

The "Thai-ish" peanut dip is basically peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, water, and garlic powder. It worked okay with veggies, and seemed to make more sense with the Asian flavors here than ranch dip (although I am certainly not averse to mixing continents).

I was a little disappointed that this tea egg wasn't darker. I'm not sure why it turned out that way. It tasted fine, though.

The scallion pockets, which I cooked from frozen, were a learning curve. The first one I tried was decidedly raw when I thought it was done, and when I cut it open...well, ugh. But I started over. I persevered. And it was really nice! Assuming you like scallions--because these are very scallion-y--I think you'll enjoy these.

This post is shared on:

Bento Lunch



Comments

Popular Posts