Monbento Square #49 (Single Tier)

 


I didn't have enough cooked over the weekend for me to make it through a whole week without making lunches, so here's a fresh, not-leftover meal (a rarity for me these days). It consists of arugula salad with maple roasted chickpeas (the veganized version of this recipe at Eat Yourself Skinny) (the dressing is in the cup) and a cucumber sandwich on multigrain bread.

This wasn't really a planned thing, but I had half a can of chickpeas in the fridge, and also some castoff arugula and radishes from my neighbor, so it was time for it, it seemed. I used maple syrup instead of honey and for whatever reason totally left out the mustard (but it didn't matter; it was delicious). I loved this with some hot herbal tea at lunch.

The sandwich rounded things out nicely. I adore a good tea sandwich, and cucumber sandwiches are a classic for a reason. Could they have been fancier than margarine, cucumber, salt, and pepper? Sure. But at times the basics are amazing, just in and of themselves.

Comments

Popular Posts