Sequestration Meal #670

 


I anticipated snow keeping me from the store, not a shoulder injury, and then both arrived, so as I was recovering, I made a Korean-style meal from what stocks were available to me. I overdid it a bit and lived with some regret, but fortunately it didn't seem to make things worse, so much as prevent them from getting better as quickly. Here we have baechujeon (cabbage pancakes) (recipe from Maangchi, but veganized with JUST Egg), some gochujang-flavored vegan steak strips, my favorite Korean-style carrot salad, pepper and onion stir fry, the dipping sauce for the cabbage, and rice.

The steak strips were just okay; I like the bulgogi ones better, but that was sold out when I bought it. Oh, well.

The cabbage pancakes were a bit disappointing. I think I would like them better if I chopped the cabbage up into the batter and made them that way, because I had a hard time getting the batter to adhere to the cabbage leaves and stay there when flipped. Some of them turned out pretty good, but ultimately they were just okay.

I have finally gotten a julienne peeler (a Christmas present), so the carrot salad was much easier to make this time, fortunately--I would never have made it otherwise, given the situation with my shoulder.

As Korean-style feasts go, this wasn't my best work. But it was what I had, and it did the job.

Comments

Popular Posts