Recipe: Marmalade Farina (Vegan, Nut Free)

 


I do tend to have more recipes when I'm in use-stuff-up mode, because it inspires creativity! And this helped me use up the end of a box of farina.

I found a recipe online for farina with marmalade over at Smucker's, but it wasn't how I like to make my hot cereal, and also, I could tell it wouldn't have the consistency I like. The original recipe is vegan anyway, if you don't top it with butter and milk or if you use vegan versions of those things. But I knew I could make something I liked better, and still be vegan, so I did! And here it is.


Marmalade Farina
Serves: 1

1 1/4 cups soy milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 teaspoon brown sugar, lightly packed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons dry farina
1/2 tablespoon vegan butter (optional)

In a small saucepan, bring soy milk, marmalade, sugar, salt, and spices to a light boil over medium heat. Gradually whisk in farina and lower heat to a simmer. Cook, whisking occasionally, for 3 minutes.

Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes, then top with vegan butter.

Serve. I like to add a bit more salt when I am ready to eat it, but that's entirely up to you!

Comments

Popular Posts