Sequestration Meal #690

 


To finish off my purple cauliflower, I found the perfect recipe: ginger-scallion soba noodles with roasted cauliflower from Domesticate Me. I had the noodles alongside some simple marinated tofu (recipe from A Couple Cooks) and some cucumber salad (recipe from Farah J. Eats).

I have made both cucumber salads like this one (and very possibly this one) and marinated tofu from this recipe and from others; I know both are wonderful things so I won't have much to say about it except that they are still wonderful things.

It's perhaps a lesson to me in general that in using stuff up mode I rarely use things I am not buying all the time, or are perishable. But the soba noodles became something I kept on hand even though I don't make them that often. Like the polenta, I have the tendency to buy more when I run out simply because I love eating soba noodles. But I can probably eat my soba noodles and not replace them immediately. So however small my progress may be, this is progress.

Soba noodles really are some of the best things on earth, though. This recipe is good--nothing all that dramatic, but a great, tasty component of the entire meal. Plus, they're pretty because of the purple cauliflower.

If your soba noodles are made entirely from buckwheat, they are gluten free, incidentally; I have tagged this as gluten free but please check both your soy sauce and your noodles if you need to avoid gluten.

Colored cauliflower is not a common thing in my grocery store, but I'm hooked--it's so gorgeous! I'll definitely grab the colors next time I see them.

Comments

Popular Posts