Sequestration Meal #685

 


I had some leftover romesco sauce, intentionally. I made extra because I wanted to put some on pasta! So here we have some protein penne (the Barilla brand--still wheat, but with some chickpeas and whatnot in there) with the sauce and peas served with various veggies: funghi trifolati (Italian-style sauteed mushrooms) (recipe from Italian Recipe Book), some steamed carrots with a bit of vegan butter and seasoned salt (one of my go-to ways to prep veggies), and roasted zucchini and cherry tomatoes (recipe from One Lovely Life).

This was pretty good! I think I roasted my zucchini a bit too long, but it was still tasty. I couldn't bring myself to actually prep a "protein" on this day, but that's where the protein pasta comes in. It's also why I added peas, which can boost things up a bit. I balanced out the day overall, and it did the job. Plus, I still stuck to the plan: I ate what I had, boosted with fresh produce. I can't ask for more on that score, really!

Comments

Popular Posts