Staycation Meal #16

 


Fun with ingredients on hand again: This time, I made some ham and pea salad from my own recipe and added some bow tie pasta, plus a bit of non-dairy soy milk and a bit more vegan mayo to make the dressing stretch. Alongside that, I had a variation on carrot salad in a lemon walnut vinaigrette and an avocado-cucumber salad (recipe from Natasha's Kitchen).

This was perfect! Colorful and delicious! It was still early spring, of course, so I needed something hot with it. A cup of decaf tea did the trick.

Using my ingredients without the strain of having to reduce the budget has been so fun. I don't worry about using up things like avocados because I will just buy more, while I am having the creative challenge of coming up with meals based on either things I always have on hand, or already had, too. This also means that I'll probably be at it for a rather long time, but that's a predictable pattern. Anything that keeps me from being able to go grocery shopping for a long time tends to turn me into a mild food hoarder. The key is to never let things get really out of hand, I guess.

Meanwhile, that Tofurky ham lasted me a long time! And there is still another one in my freezer! So please let me know what your favorite ham recipes are.

Comments

Popular Posts