Sequestration Meal #50

I don't always feel up to much (as you know if you've been following along here), and on one day I had too much going on and not enough energy to meet all my challenges, I went for the easiest thing I could think of that wasn't a TV dinner (I'm reserving those for the truly impossible days). It was essentially fish and chips: Some Gardein fishless filets with the Viet Vegan's recipe for fluffy potato wedges. It really didn't take much more than tossing the potatoes with seasoning and sticking everything in the oven.

While everything was in the oven, I decided I really, really wanted tartar sauce, so I made some, cutting no corners. Maybe I had more energy than I thought! It's just a vegan version of my old tartar sauce recipe from my omnivore life, subbing Vegenaise for the mayo and using a vegan Worcestershire. But I didn't have sweet pickles, so I used some dill pickle relish instead. It was perfect with this. Some ketchup for my potato wedges rounded it out.

There was no salad, no broccoli, no pop of bright color here. On most days, I would have had something like that. But sometimes, I just can't. Because apparently, on this day chopping capers for tartar sauce was more important than washing and chopping broccoli or lettuce. But we do the best we can, and try again the next time. And potatoes are pretty good as a source of vitamins in their own right, I think.

(Usual disclaimer: I'm not that kind of doctor; please talk to yours about what you need to eat.)

Comments

  1. Oh my god those wedges look like potato heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potato heaven is about right! And they were relatively easy. Sadly, I am presently out of potatoes.

      Delete
  2. Oh, yum, this looks so good! Your tartar sauce sounds really nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are so many of the best foods monochromatic? A mystery for our times.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts