Sequestration Meal #122

With the caveat that I think this is too small of a portion to eat on its own if you have more of an appetite than I did when I ate it, I fully expect to eat something similar again: I veganized the recipe for Tortilla Pizza with Onions, Mushrooms, and Ricotta at Simply Recipes. It looked like something I could cook in my toaster oven (and it was!) and a way to use up some of the tofu-cashew ricotta I still had.

I loved this. The easy carmelized onions--adding balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sugar to red onions is genius--and mushrooms went super well with the ricotta and the Daiya mozzarella I put on this pizza, and it was really quick to whip up, plus it fit (barely, but it did!) in my little toaster oven so I didn't have to turn on my big oven. (It is way too hot for the big oven.) I liked this so much I had it two nights in a row. Is it more of a quesadilla than a pizza? I guess you'll have to try it to decide.

Comments

  1. As someone who likes a "white" pizza, I could see calling it pizza. However I would probably go with flat bread. I get something similar as takeout with the addition of edemame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be good with flat bread! Not so sure about the edamame, but I can't put my finger on why.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, yum, this looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks and sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts