Sequestration Meal #157

 

My leftover noodles and stroganoff sauce (with no Gardein beefless strips left) became this meal. I sautéed more mushrooms and some very sad asparagus I'd forgotten about to have on the side, and I thinned out the sauce into more of a gravy to put over the noodles and half of a Beyond burger split lengthwise.

This was even better than the stroganoff was, and has me thinking about how to prepare some kind of Salisbury steak sometime. That wouldn't work with a Beyond patty because it's supposed to have all kinds of veggies and things mixed into the "meat," but I have that hamburger steak recipe I like to make that could easily be given more of a Salisbury steak treatment, probably. Give me time and perhaps I'll inspire myself. We'll see!

Comments

  1. I think I have a salisbury steak recipe buried in one of my cookbooks. I don't think I ever ate is pre-vegan, but sounds curious to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of variations these days! I think of it as more tomato-and-veggie than creamy-and-mushroom, but I imagine there are probably Salisbury steak recipes that look a lot like this, too. I'd be curious to know what your recipe entails.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lovely meal! I don't think I've ever had Salisbury steak, but I'd be interested to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever it is, I am sure Dr. Salisbury would disapprove. In some ways, vegan Salisbury steak is an oxymoron, since its inventor was known for promoting a meat-centered diet. Salisbury steak was supposed to be an all-encompassing food, such that you wouldn't need to eat anything else. His original version was really just meat. He did allow you to add celery if you wanted. We've gone far afield of that, so it truly is subject to interpretation!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts