A Review of New Things I've Tried #24 (Chocolate Edition)

 It's everybody's favorite time (or maybe just mine): Chocolate! I may just keep trying chocolate until the end of time. A person needs a hobby, right?

1. Theo Coconut Dark Chocolate


It had been a while since I had any chocolate bar with coconut in it, so when this went on sale, you know I jumped on it! This was a pretty dark chocolate, so a bit bitter, but in a good way. I had it with a bowl of strawberries and let me tell you, it sang.

2. Chocolove Cherries & Almonds in Dark Chocolate


Dried cherries and almonds complement each other really well, making for a crunchy and chewy chocolate bar. This one went really well with tea biscuits (and tea, of course).

3. Joyva Ring Jells


I may or may not have had these specific "ring jells" before (and what a name that is), but I've had similar things from the kosher section before, and I splurged because Passover was coming and with it the good vegan chocolates! These are a nondescript flavor--I think I'd previously had the orange ones, but this, like red Kool-Aid, seems to just be "red" flavor, which means it's sort of faintly fruity and sweet. But if you live in vegan land you know that jelly-type candies are not so common, and chocolate covered jelly-like candies are an even more distant treat. These may be pretty local to me. If you don't live in the American northeast, let me know if you've ever seen this brand before.

Comments

  1. Theo chocolate is just so GOOD. I haven't met a single bar that I've been unenthused by, and their raspberry/cacao nib bar [birthday chocolate!] is just spectacular.

    (I'm sure I'm not biased just because they're Seattle-based.)(Maybe.)(But really: fair-trade + incredibly smooth + the flavor! + good mouthfeel/melt.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having said all THAT, you are not anonymous to me, which makes me laugh! It don't know if I would describe it as "smooth," but it's definitely smoother than Tazo. You can't easily beat Chocolove for smoothness, though. I didn't realize that they were Seattle-based.

      Delete
  2. I have never seen anything like those ring jells, but they sound lovely. I am a huge fan of Theo's chocolate, and would always buy several blocks to bring home with me when I would visit Seattle. I did one of their factory tours once and it was fun, plus free samples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are Polish brands that make something similar to the Joyva rings, but that probably wouldn't help you in Australia!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts