Sequestration Meal #268

 

After the lasagna I made last, I thought I had only two lasagna noodles; I turned out to have three. One was hiding from me in the box because it had a corner broken off. It was the perfect amount to make some lasagna rolls with the leftovers of the pumpkin sauce you saw a few days ago. I made a batch of tofu-cashew ricotta; sautéed some onions, mushrooms, and spinach; and rolled it all up with some Violife mozzarella before topping it with pumpkin sauce and more cheese. It baked up nicely and made for three good meals, plus it used up the end of that box of pasta without me buying more lasagna noodles. (I mean, I will buy more lasagna noodles eventually, just not right away.) The loaf pan is still a perfect size for this sort of thing.

Part of the reason for my frugality at the moment is that I had to buy a new phone. I do not understand why phones and laptops are in similar price ranges. Nonetheless, this has me trying to be more cautious about my spending for the time being. That doesn't mean I'm going to eat a parade of rice and beans, but it does mean being more thoughtful about using things up. We'll see how long that lasts. Usually I'm good for a month or so of avoiding shopping as much as possible, but it is both easier and harder to do when you never leave your apartment.

Comments

  1. That looks delicious! I pulled pumpkin purée out of the freezer for pancakes Sunday. Might use what’s left to make this lovely pumpkin sauce. Thanks always for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! You remind me now that I have some pumpkin puree in my fridge from the sauce and need to go make something out of it. Fortunately I had a plan before stress made me forget what it was.

      Delete
  2. I can only get the instant lasagne sheets here, and I have found out the hard way that they do not roll. So I have had some pretty fun lasagne-inspired mess.

    Phones are so expensive! I upgraded to a new phone at the end of last year, and I was glad that I was able to get it on a super sale. But it was still pricey. But it is pretty, and pink, and has a great camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My phone was on sale, but pricey (I don't know if most people would agree with that, but it felt that way to me, anyway).

      Weirdly, the ready-to-bake noodles I've seen here all have eggs in them, so I can only get the regular kind.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts