Sequestration Meal #281

 

I'm really not familiar with broccoli rabe. But it was on sale and I got some delivered for about $1 for a big bunch of it so I figured it was time to become familiar! I decided to try some in this recipe from Cookie and Kate, omitting the cheese because it seemed like the lemon dressing would be flavorful enough and I wouldn't need to break out the Violife. It was pretty great--but I think maybe it was the potatoes that made it that way! Roasted broccoli rabe is a bit bitter. I'll keep experimenting if it's the cheapest green vegetable next time around.

On the side, I had some maple dijon tofu (recipe at Create Mindfully). This was the perfect protein to pair with my plate o' vegetables, especially since I could bake everything at once, although togegther they did take up every sheet pan I have and completely filled my oven.

This is gluten free; I think it may be the first gluten free lunch I've eaten in quite a while.

Comments

  1. I have quite a few recipes for broccoli rabe in some of my cookbooks, though to be honest I have only ever found it here once. Normally I use a mix of broccolini and some sort of other leafy green, though the actual broccoli rabe is more bitter from memory. Sadly we lack a lot of the fun greens that I see in my US and UK cookbooks here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts