Eco Lunchbox Three-in-One #90

 


Because there was so much for me to get done after the flood (and really, still is), my packed lunches for the week weren't really that much worth showing. But this one reflects some of the ways I dealt with the strain of trying to buy a car and work a full time job (in person during a pandemic) and somehow take care of myself all at the same time.

So one morning I made a breakfast sandwich and decided that I'd just make some extra for lunch. So here is a slice of toasted whole grain bread, a scramble of JUST Egg with veggies and some shredded plant-based cheddar, a slice of Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon, and two clementines cut in half.

Although it wasn't warm when I ate it at lunch, this was pretty good! Life is far from perfect right now but I give myself points for surviving.

Also, I now have a new-to-me car, which is four years newer than my flooded car was. I'm trying to enjoy my new car, but it's very hard somehow! Newer cars have all sorts of bewildering features, like automatically shutting off at red lights.

Comments

  1. Cars automatically shut off at red lights now??
    I bought a new-to-me car a few years ago, and I think she is a 2014 make. A corolla. I was mostly just excited that I can bluetooth connect to my phone to play podcasts and music while I drive. But I know some of the newer cars have all sorts of wild features!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It would be expected in a hybrid but my car isn't a hybrid. But the car's engine shuts off at red lights, and then automatically starts again if you take your foot of the brake. It also won't keep running if you open the door (which is annoying; I often want to check my parking before I am ready to leave the car).

      Delete
    2. Yes, my car has the engine-stop feature too. The engine stops turning but the car remains on. It's supposed to save gas, but with a car that is already pretty fuel efficient, I'm not sure it helps that much.

      Delete
    3. One thing I've noticed is that it prevents me from doing that slow roll up people do at lights (which doesn't actually help them get anywhere faster anyway), because I don't want the engine to keep coming on and off while we all roll two feet. I think the general idea is that if we are all universally driving cars that do this, our collective emissions will be lower. It may be true. It's hard to adjust to, though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts