Sequestration Meal #357

 


Because I couldn't go to the grocery store for a while because of the flood and having no car and not being able to get a rental, this was a trapped-at-home meal made with what I happened to have on hand. As such, I think it was pretty good! Chopped iceberg salad with lemon-garlic dressing (recipe inspired by and veganized from Sweetpea Lifestyle), a vegan version of the classic canned casserole thing that usually involves Jiffy corn muffin mix and canned cream-style corn (but I made my own Jiffy mix), and apple butter baked beans (recipe from Musselman's using maple syrup instead of honey and scaled down to use one can of mixed beans I had rather than the three cans in the recipe).

Was this the best thing ever? No. But it got me through one more meal.

One more meal, one more day.

I've never, since I have had a license, just outright had no car. I've had problematic cars. I've had cars in the shop because people had damaged them. But no car whatsoever? This is new territory for me.

Comments

  1. My car got written off when I was at uni in Sydney and I was without a car for six weeks until I was able to find a new one and... it was not a fun time. Thankfully I lived near a bus station that dropped me off at uni and also went through the vegan restaurants in Newtown, and I lived close enough to the shops to get frequent small grocery stashes that I could carry home... previously I would do one big shop once a week but I couldn't carry it all! I hope you are able to get a new car soon1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one now! I'm getting to know it slowly; daily discoveries, really. Thanks for your kind thoughts. I live in American suburbia and it's virtually impossible to live without a car here. There is a way I could get to work on the bus but it would take three hours one way and I only have to go seven miles! So I'm glad I have a car again. It may be a little while before I have too much to say about food, though. I've been eating a lot of sandwiches.

      Delete
    2. I am so glad you have another car! I was lucky in Sydney with public transport where I lived, for the most part it is a nightmare of inefficiency. It is so hard to go back to it once you have had a car.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts