Sequestration Meal #356

 


I had some vegan Quorn fillets in my freezer and decided, while I wasn't going grocery shopping at all  because of the flood, that I should try making something with them. I found this recipe for Quorn fillets with veggies in a creamy sauce and decided to veganize it. It needed more of the creamy veggies, in my opinion, and I should have put in more veggie bouillon (I was cautious because I was afraid I'd put too much and I undershot it), but it was otherwise pretty good with rice. I used almond milk and non-dairy cheddar, so it was a simple process to veganize.

Quorn has a texture I can never quite get used to. I don't dislike Quorn, but I don't gravitate toward it. I guess that's fine since I rarely see the vegan Quorn options in local stores. But Quorn can look so beautiful if prepared well, and since I eat with my eyes so much that part does appeal to me.

Comments

  1. I like the sound of this. Though I am not a Quorn fan, so I would use a Fry's schnitzel instead I think. But the creamy veggies sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't quite know what to make of Quorn, but it's one good option for the kind of meal that would otherwise have used chicken breasts, I think? We don't have a schnitzel available to us here! I wish we did. Schnitzel is nice.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts