Sequestration Meal #352/Monbento Original #38

 


More pantry-clearing: I boiled some gigli pasta and made a sauce of jarred marinara, Wegmans Don't Be Piggy plant-based sausage crumbles, and spinach, then mixed it all up and stuck it in a small casserole I topped with Violife mozzarella and Parmesan and baked for a while in the toaster oven to melt the cheese a bit. Garlic toast rounded it out.

The bento version of this had no cheese, and instead of bread I made a salad.


I made this salad mostly because I needed to eat that iceberg lettuce I bought for making tacos. It's a simple one of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and red onion with a shortcut creamy dressing on the side (Vegenaise mixed with bottled Italian). As I ate my iceberg lettuce in my car, I thought about what people say about it not being very nutritious, like it's just crunchy water--but maybe that's good, sometimes! Wearing a mask all day means I don't get to drink water as often and if iceberg lettuce helps me stay hydrated so be it. I was satisfied with this for this day, and lived to try again.

Comments

  1. These both look good! I haven't had iceberg lettus in my house for a very long time, I have mostly replaced it with cos (which you would call romaine). But I have seen a few really nice looking wedge salads lately, so considering revisiting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iceberg doesn't have much of a taste, but it stays crisp for ages in the fridge. There's a lot to like about it, in my opinion, but it is true that other leafy greens are more nutrient dense, probably.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts