Sequestration Meal #354

 

When life gives you cabbage--or you bought it because there was vegan corned beef in the world and you are out of corned beef--and you have a huge bag of TVP and are making your way through the pantry, you make a version of vegan Southern beef and cabbage. I used my favorite TVP ground beef recipe instead of frozen crumbles, and it turned out well.

Such a meal obviously demands mashed potatoes and carrots with parsley and margarine, so I answered the demand.

I don't think the cabbage to "beef" ratio was quite right--I wanted more cabbage--but it was tasty and quick, so I was satisfied.

Comments

  1. This looks good! I currently have a bunch of red cabbage in my fridge that I need to use up. I think I am going to pickle some, and then maybe braise the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts