Sequestration Meal #359

 


While still trying to find my footing--but having had it with frozen dinners and sandwiches--I decided to make a pot of chili and serve it in my favorite of ways--Frito chili pie. You'll have to trust me that there are Fritos under there.

This chili was close to the best I've ever made! It had a nice spice to it and went so well with the Fritos, Wegmans plant-based cheddar, Tofutti sour cream, and scallions. Plus it used up some of my TVP, tomato sauce, and canned pinto beans--a win for the perpetual pantry clear-out.

Comments

  1. How long do you find Tofutti sour cream stays good for after you open it? I feel like I am always in a rush to find ways to use it all up, as there is quite a bit in the tub.

    I made chilli a couple of weeks ago and realised I needed something with it, so found a packet of tortilla chips in the cupboard that desperately needed using. So not quite Frito's but similar I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It lasts a good amount of time for me, but I really like sour cream, so I have no problem finding things to put it on! I definitely don't rush to use it up. It won't last forever, obviously, but it's good for at least 2-3 weeks in my world.

      Delete
    2. Oh great! Good to know. Thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts