Delivery Review: 88 Acres

 

A little while ago, I had an exchange with Jennifer from My Blissful Journey about shopping "local" but still getting things delivered. Although I am going to the supermarket these days, and I am a bit less strict with myself about buying only perishables in an in-and-out-as-quickly-as-possible strategy, I also order from companies periodically. In fact, probably about 25% of my groceries are still shipped to me. I'm fighting to minimize exposure here while the world falls apart. Jennifer asked me to highlight some of these options, and it's been a long time since I gave a delivery review, so I thought I would let you know about 88 Acres, which is my latest adventure. This post is not sponsored. 88 Acres has never heard of this blog, so far as I know. So this is just my review based on a random person's experience.

Shopping someone else's local is the balance I've struck, which means I still try to buy things directly from the manufacturer or from smaller shops where I can when I'm getting a delivery. This one isn't necessarily that close to me, but it's still a small company, that fits the concept of "other people's local." 88 Acres is based in Boston and has their own bakery in the inner city, meaning they can guarantee no cross contamination. This is an extremely allergy-friendly brand! The focus is on seeds and seed butters--sunflower, pumpkin, and watermelon. It's new to me but I was so intrigued by watermelon seed butter that I decided to place an order. I got all their assortment packs--protein bars, seed-and-oat bars (their answer to granola bars), and seed butters.

88 Acres will ship free for orders over $25, which is a lower threshold than a lot of places. I was concerned it would take a while when they used USPS, given the whole mess the postal service is in here, but it came really quickly--I had my order within 5 days of when I placed it. It also came with a coloring sheet on the back of the invoice, plus a recipe card for a sunflower seed-based smoothie, so that was a fun touch.

 I do think the seed butters are on the pricier end of this sort of thing, at about $10-$15 per jar, but as with nut butter you have to calculate this based on price per serving, and compare it to other protein sources. Delivery was faster than I expected and everything looked really appetizing with the way it was packaged. I look forward to telling you more about the products themselves once I've tried them, but for now, I'll give them a 4/5.

Comments

Popular Posts