Sequestration Meal #444

 


I've had a hard time recently. I won't go into it all, but I had a COVID scare, and for a while I was too stressed to think much about cooking (or really much of anything other than survival). When I emerged from that, finally with a negative test result after being sent into a tailspin with an "inconclusive" test following exposure, I eased into meal preparation again with some frozen vegan nuggets with homemade ranch, some pasta with some sauce I already had in my fridge with some Daiya cheddar to make it Chef Boyardee-like, and some steamed broccoli and carrots.

What I can say about COVID is that I am so grateful I have never dropped my masking vigilance, because it was very likely the thing that prevented me from being infected. I wear a KN95 all the time in public and my face is only unmasked outdoors or when I am alone. But it's still quite scary out there and I hate how evident it is that people are giving up. I don't blame most of them, because it's hard to know what to do without clear direction from the authorities. Many people believe that when mask mandates are dropped, it's safer now, not that mask mandates were just unpopular and local authorities caved to pressure from people who don't want to wear them. Others figure COVID wasn't a big deal for them and so it shouldn't be a big deal for anyone. Unless we all start dropping dead in the streets some people will just shrug. So: I'll continue to keep up with the masking and living a slightly dehydrated life. Stay safe out there.

Comments

  1. I am glad you were negative. I am one of the few people I ever see wearing masks, Australia dropped mask mandates months ago. It's so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry we're going through this on opposite ends of the planet! But in some weird way it is reassuring to know people are the same virtually everywhere.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts