Sequestration Meal #442

 


This is Top 8 Allergen-Free by accident; I only realized it after the fact. In any case, here we have homemade pico de gallo, some blue corn tortilla chips, canned refried beans mixed with some sauteed onions (it improves matters, trust me), and Mexican rice.

I had all the ingredients for something really fresh, including jalapenos and cilantro. It makes a difference. Although this meal may look like it's made up entirely of sides, I think it hits all the bases. I have veggies in the pico de gallo, which really may as well be a salad, and in the Mexica rice. I have grains in the corn chips and the rice, and also some good fats. I snuck more veggies into my beans, which contribute the main protein source of the meal. Although one might usually have a burrito or enchiladas or something with this, I was totally content just with this array.

Comments

Popular Posts