ECO Lunch Box Three-in-One #98

 

You know what? I've been sad lately, and tired, and it's been hard. But somehow I still managed to make one of the most delightful lunches ever out of stuff I had in the fridge. Also, it is Top 8 Allergen Free, but it does not include beans or rice. I am a wizard, maybe, but I wish my magical powers did more for me in other areas of life.

In any case, this is a very simple but astonishingly good salad of spinach, red onion, avocado, and cucumbers with a few lemon wedges and some flaky sea salt and pepper in the chick cup for finishing the salad off when ready to eat. You just squeeze on the lemon, sprinkle on the salt and pepper, and there it is--lemon, salt, and pepper are enough dressing for this because the avocado is already there.

With that, I had one of the protein bars I ordered from 88 Acres, the banana bread one, and I'll be darned if it didn't taste just like banana bread! The texture is different, obviously, but it really did taste like banana bread in the best way. Also, since the protein is from pumpkin seeds rather than protein powder, it didn't have that weird protein powder taste you usually get in a protein bar. I am totally sold on these now.

Finally, there is a salad made of fruits I had on hand--nectarine, mango, cherries, and a clementine. And you can pretty well never make me unhappy with a fruit salad.

Here's to making it through, for all the sad, tired people out there.

Comments

  1. As a fellow sad tired person, I am glad you had a win with an easy and delicious lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you're also sad and tired, but here's to you for making it through this far.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts